Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > Re-installing stock android in HCL Me tablet! Anyone?

Old 30th August 2017

Nebelwerfer has many secret admirers
Re-installing stock android in HCL Me tablet! Anyone?

Hello all!

I know there are some real geeks with immense talent on this board and I seek their help.

I have an old creepy HCL Me tablet that incredibly old (2013 model maybe!) and it comes with some shitty android that does not have android market! (Damn HCL!!!!)
Since I am using it mostly for writing technical articles and books (yes, as a typewriter) by using the only good thing HCL put in this tablet - a USB port! Keyboard and mouse are plug and play and it does the trick while travelling!

The problem is that I want to install a new copy of android (wont mind buying an android copy if I cannot get a pirated one) so that I get rid of "HCL syndrome" that the tablet is suffering from and I could install any app from google market on this tab again. There are better text editor apps that will make my life pretty much easier if I get the liberty to install them as per my will.

Please, I need your help so let me know if you can throw some light on the probable solution to this epic problem!

Many regards!

Nebelwerfer!

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 30th August 2017
Click here!
Visit my website

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
BTW, from where would you buy Android software? Just asking for my knowledge.

Anyway, you need your device to be rooted before trying anything. After rooting:

1) Sideload those better text editor apps
or
2) Googlify your tab by installing the Google Play bundle. Lots of sites host this package.
or
3) Install a custom ROM specific for your hardware. There are lots of them... don't know how many for your tab though.
Custom ROM would have Google Play on it.

Rooting is firmware specific. So, you need to find out the firmware of your device and the associated rooting tools.

Old 30th August 2017

Amitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accoladesAmitwithhotwife.83 has received several accolades
Try taking tab to local repair guy. They have more jugaads than u can imagine!

Last edited by Amitwithhotwife.83 : 30th August 2017 at 08:56 AM.