Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > MIUI 9 Global ROM will come to India on November 2: Features and eligible Xiaomi devices

Old 28th October 2017
Dont Worry, Be Happy!
Visit my website
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
K.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps database
MIUI 9 Global ROM will come to India on November 2: Features and eligible Xiaomi devices

You may have heard that Xiaomi is planning to hold an event in India on November 2 where the company plans to unveil a brand new smartphone. Not only is this a new selfie-centric smartphone, but the company claims that it will mark the beginning of a new series in the country. But that's not all Xiaomi is launching. The company confirmed via its MIUI India twitter handle that the global stable version of the MIUI 9 will also start rolling out on November 2.

MIUI 9 is Xiaomi's latest UI overlay on top of Android 7.0 Nougat, and was first unveiled back in July alongside the launch of the Mi 5X. The company has come out with a few beta builds of the MIUI 9 since August, but will now rollout the stable version on November 2 in India, it confirmed via a tweet which reads, "We listened to your requests. Global MIUI 9 is coming to India on November 2. Are you excited?"

MIUI 9 Global ROM features

The latest custom UI highlights three main features that is image search, smart assistance and smart app launcher. Apart from these, MIUI 9 brings loads of new features and improvements that include shortcuts on lock screen, split screen feature, faster app load times, smart functionality, among other things.

When Xiaomi unveiled MIUI 9, it said that it boosts system performance and you will notice apps load faster than before. MIUI 9 also brings a bunch of new themes as well as a new design on the lock screen and a new shortcut to activate the torch, among others. The split-screen feature which was introduced with Android 7.0 Nougat is now baked into MIUI 9.

Smart functionalities like image search lets you filter photos using keywords. There's also a smart assistance feature that sort of works similar to Apple's Spotlight feature for iOS. Swiping to right on the home screen will bring up a universal search bar that will help you search for pretty much anything on your phone along with app suggestions, and customisable widgets. The Smart Assistant feature looks to take on the likes of Google Assistant and Siri as it as the ability to launch specific apps based on the content on screen. These features, however, were part of MIUI 9 China ROM and the company stated back in July that the Global ROM will be different.

Last edited by K.P : 28th October 2017 at 07:54 PM.

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 28th October 2017
Dont Worry, Be Happy!
Visit my website
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Moderator: Moderator of some forums      
K.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps databaseK.P has hacked the reps database
Xiaomi devices eligible for MIUI 9

Xiaomi has not revealed the list of devices that will receive the MIUI 9 update, but based on some reports, a fair number of them will get the update. According to FoneArena, it is almost certain that the MIUI 9 Stable ROM will hit Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 4 devices initially.

Xiaomi devices that are likely to get the update include:

Mi Mix 2
Mi 5
Mi 4
Mi 4i
Mi 3
Mi Max 2
Mi Max/Prime
Redmi Note 4
Redmi Note 3
Redmi Note Prime
Redmi 4
Redmi 4A
Redmi 3S/Prime/Plus
Redmi 2/Prime.

Other phones like Mi Mix, Mi 6, Mi 5S, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5C, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi Note 2, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 3, Redmi 2/Prime, among others are likely to get the update globally as well as they were previously confirmed for the MIUI 9 China ROM.

The rollout will start on November 2, but will likely happen in batches. There is no information yet on the specific timeline for when the devices will get the update. We will know more on November 2.

Old 3rd November 2017

venky199 has many secret admirersvenky199 has many secret admirers
i am using Red mi note 4 did any one got the new MIUI9 update after the recent announcement

Old 7th November 2017
Gandu Naseeb
  Hotty Spotter: Bollygallery contest      
satan_lucifer has disabled reputations

gauti build and that miui sheet is way too slow and heavy.

Old 7th November 2017
Dont Worry, Be Happy!
Visit my website
Quote:
Originally Posted by venky199 View Post
i am using Red mi note 4 did any one got the new MIUI9 update after the recent announcement
No

Old 3 Weeks Ago

venky199 has many secret admirersvenky199 has many secret admirers
Received the update last week working fine for me

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Divesh_Thadani is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by venky199 View Post
i am using it on redmi note 4 and as well as mi mix 2 both got update 1 week ago. some glitches are there hope it should get fixed with another update..

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Divesh_Thadani is beginning to get noticed
i have redmi 4 as well but it didn't got any update of miui 9