Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > USB DRIVE

Old 31st October 2017

crazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accolades
USB DRIVE

Dear Friends,
Is there any way by which I can lock my pen drive for other computers with out password. I mean I want my pen drive should not work in other computers except mine. Is it possible???? Please tell.

Crazy

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 31st October 2017
\~! The End is Near !~/
Visit my website
  Celebrity Contest: Guess the Celebrity Contest      
Mrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universeMrghostrider is one with the universe
Nope!! There isn't any way. However you can encrypt it and decrypt it. But that can be time consuming process depending on how large your data is.

Old 31st October 2017

crazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accoladescrazy_cple_in has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrghostrider View Post
Nope!! There isn't any way. However you can encrypt it and decrypt it. But that can be time consuming process depending on how large your data is.
Thanks for Early response

Crazy

Old 31st October 2017

tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
Try Sandisk Secure Access .. I think Sony Microvault Pen Drives also come with such software in new drives (can't recall the name). If that doesn't work, just zip the files without compression and set a password to open the zip file (7zip is an awesome freeware). Like Mrghostrider says, encryption will be time consuming; safe, but time consuming. Instead, just zip it with no compression.

Last edited by tobermory : 31st October 2017 at 01:06 PM.

Old 1st November 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermory View Post
Try Sandisk Secure Access .. I think Sony Microvault Pen Drives also come with such software in new drives (can't recall the name). If that doesn't work, just zip the files without compression and set a password to open the zip file (7zip is an awesome freeware). Like Mrghostrider says, encryption will be time consuming; safe, but time consuming. Instead, just zip it with no compression.
hmmm thanx will try this

Crazy

Old 8th November 2017

Czar K is an unknown quantity at this point
Go on property and change the security action !!