Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Computers, Gadgets & Gizmos > Building a PC? Best configuration for all budgets.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 26th November 2015
Custom title

assdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our community
UL: 301.27 mb DL: 128.25 mb Ratio: 2.35
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura ka ball View Post
duki yeh rig kaisa hai

cpu: i7 4790k
mobo: asus z97-a or asus maximus VII ranger or asus Z97 pro wifi
ram: crosai vengance 8gb*4=32GB 1600Mhz
ssd: 120GB (suggestion needed)
hdd: WD 2TB 64MB cach sata 6Gbps
DVD: LG
Cabinet: Antec GX200 (suggestion needed)
SMPS: Antec VP650 650watts
CPU cooler: cooler master K380 or cooler master hyper 212x cooler.

P.S: not a gamin rig. Is this good? Any compatibility issue? Please suggest
How much it's going to cost you? Vese specs toh achha hai.

Old 26th November 2015
Custom title

laura ka ball has disabled reputations
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukhiatma View Post
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by assdigger View Post
How much it's going to cost you? Vese specs toh achha hai.
Between 70-75k. Duki toh useless nikla, bhai tumko agar kuch knowledge hai toh cabinet aur PSU mein kuch suggest karo. 10k mein ke dono milne ka chance hai kya?

Old 26th November 2015
Mr. Chutiya
  Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
dukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps database
UL: 12.32 gb DL: 3.65 gb Ratio: 3.37
Quote:

RAM speed doesn't matter for whatever you are gonna do. I'd say even DDR2 RAM is sufficient for office work, youtube, light gaming etc etc. :

Old 26th November 2015
Custom title

Quote:
RAM speed doesn't matter for whatever you are gonna do. I'd say even DDR2 RAM is sufficient for office work, youtube, light gaming etc etc. :
RAM is important I am going to use it as Exsi server with 6-7 Vm's running simultaneously. Ab tell all set hai? 2100Mhz wali ram lu? CPU,MOBO,RAM these 3 are of importance to me.

55k tak ke HP, IBM ke servers dekha but fuddu hai sab ke sab. Xeon E5 16 core gift kar mujhe

Old 26th November 2015
Mr. Chutiya
dukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps databasedukhiatma has hacked the reps database
Quote:
RAM is important I am going to use it as Exsi server with 6-7 Vm's running simultaneously. Ab tell all set hai? 2100Mhz wali ram lu? CPU,MOBO,RAM these 3 are of importance to me.

55k tak ke HP, IBM ke servers dekha but fuddu hai sab ke sab. Xeon E5 16 core gift kar mujhe
Then why didn't you write your requirements in the first place

Don't get a K series processor if you don't plan to overclock it. You can also go for an AMD FX 8350 and cut the cost significantly.

When coming to running multiple VM's, RAM size is more important. 32GB is enough RAM speed doesn't matter much as 99% of cases, your CPU will be the bottleneck.

Use SSD, but as a cache backing up your HDD(your choice). Samsung SSD's are good http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-850-...er=from-search

You can use any cabinet, as you aren't going to add GPU. I'd recommend Cooler Master HAF XB EVO(I use this cabinet as it is compartmentalised and is very spacious)

(Ignore below if VM's are headless aka no GUI)
I'd still suggest adding a low power GPU to your system as the inbuilt iGPU(Intel HD Graphics) could struggle under load
(/Ignore)

Also, I'd recommend that you add a UPS to your setup, as power failures can corrupt VM disks.

Last edited by dukhiatma : 26th November 2015 at 06:58 PM.

Old 26th November 2015
Custom title

assdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our communityassdigger is a pillar of our community
UL: 301.27 mb DL: 128.25 mb Ratio: 2.35
Quote:

Between 70-75k. Duki toh useless nikla, bhai tumko agar kuch knowledge hai toh cabinet aur PSU mein kuch suggest karo. 10k mein ke dono milne ka chance hai kya?
Nop I don't have any experience in it but have very knee interest in computer gaming.

Old 27th November 2015
Custom title

Quote:
Then why didn't you write your requirements in the first place

Don't get a K series processor if you don't plan to overclock it. You can also go for an AMD FX 8350 and cut the cost significantly.

When coming to running multiple VM's, RAM size is more important. 32GB is enough RAM speed doesn't matter much as 99% of cases, your CPU will be the bottleneck.

Use SSD, but as a cache backing up your HDD(your choice). Samsung SSD's are good http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-850-...er=from-search

You can use any cabinet, as you aren't going to add GPU. I'd recommend Cooler Master HAF XB EVO(I use this cabinet as it is compartmentalised and is very spacious)

(Ignore below if VM's are headless aka no GUI)
I'd still suggest adding a low power GPU to your system as the inbuilt iGPU(Intel HD Graphics) could struggle under load
(/Ignore)

Also, I'd recommend that you add a UPS to your setup, as power failures can corrupt VM disks.
Bilady thank you for your input

I thought of going for AMD FX 8350 but its been beaten by 4790k hands down
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...70E+Eight-Core

Moreover it does not support hyper threading (intel tech) and other virtualization tecnologies like VT-x, VT-x EPT, VT-d which i need.

Both supports 8 threads which mean max 8 vm's. AMD FX 8350 have 8 core but supports 8 threads. 1 thread per core which is good but 4790k performs well with its 4 core with 2 virtual core per physical core. Having said that i am still confused whether to go with 4790k or 8350. Too many -ve's for 8350 as compared to 4790k except the cost saving part.
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/453..._i7-4790K.html

Some of the vm will be gui based but exsi will be accessed remotely using vsphere client. Adding low end gpu will help?

Also, i am planning to run exsi server on SDD and keep HDD for vm's. What do you suggest?

Last edited by laura ka ball : 27th November 2015 at 02:06 AM.

Old 27th November 2015
Mr. Chutiya
Quote:
Bilady thank you for your input
Chup kar casinar

Quote:
I thought of going for AMD FX 8350 but its been beaten by 4790k hands down
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...70E+Eight-Core
Benchmarks are not indicative of real world performance. Also notice the Price/Performance ratio in the graph. Virtualisation benefits from thread availability rather than raw performance. More discussed later.

Quote:
Moreover it does not support hyper threading (intel tech) and other virtualization tecnologies like VT-x, VT-x EPT, VT-d which i need.
AMD has equivalent AMD-V for hardware virtualisation.

Quote:
Both supports 8 threads which mean max 8 vm's. AMD FX 8350 have 8 core but supports 8 threads. 1 thread per core which is good but 4790k performs well with its 4 core with 2 virtual core per physical core. Having said that i am still confused whether to go with 4790k or 8350. Too many -ve's for 8350 as compared to 4790k except the cost saving part.
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/453..._i7-4790K.html
FX 8350 has poor single thread performance, but excels in scenarios where all it's threads are being used. FX 8350 has 4 "modules", not cores. Modules have 2 separate integer cores, but shares common cache/FPU. As most operations performed by OS'es/VM's are integer, you will get good performance with the FX 8350.
Quote:
Some of the vm will be gui based but exsi will be accessed remotely using vsphere client. Adding low end gpu will help?
Never made a PC for virtualisation, nor dabbled in it too much. Build your PC, if you notice slowdown's, monitor GPU usage and decide whether to add a low end GPU or not. One thing to note is that Integrated Graphics uses your System RAM for framebuffer and can use some memory bandwidth, hence reducing memory performance if your VM performs lots of memory operations. But it may not be a problem as you are planning to run in Quad channel.
Quote:
Also, i am planning to run exsi server on SDD and keep HDD for vm's. What do you suggest?
Dunno much about this. Refer

But are disk access times important for you? Are I/O requests from your VM's frequent enough that only a SSD can fulfill them without stalling the VM. You might benefit from using a RAID 1 setup instead. Backup and speed, with an expense in size

Last edited by dukhiatma : 27th November 2015 at 11:10 AM.

Old 28th November 2015
Custom title

Points noted will Google some more. Thank you

Last edited by laura ka ball : 28th November 2015 at 01:24 AM.

Old 12th December 2015
Custom title

akkikumar3345 has received several accoladesakkikumar3345 has received several accoladesakkikumar3345 has received several accoladesakkikumar3345 has received several accoladesakkikumar3345 has received several accolades
Send a message via Yahoo to akkikumar3345
4 gb ram , 1tb hard disk, i3 or i5 ,2 gb graphic card

please give full quotation
budget 30 to 35 k

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls